header
Welcome Guest to ServerDoc - Auto Restart crashed servers and programs (game www ftp servers) with remote control panel
ServerDoc

· About ServerDoc
· Download/Purchase
· Getting Started
· User Guide
· Forums
· Feedback/Suggestion
· Mailing List
· Link To Us
· Your Account
· Linux

ServerDoc - Auto Restart crashed servers and programs (game www ftp servers) with remote control panel: Forums

Serverdoc :: View topic - Remote access
Remote access

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Remo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Remote access Reply with quote

I have serverdoc running locally on my server the game servers run fine, so far so good.

But for remote access im totally lost. I just dont get it.

What i want is to be able to start/stop from my browser.

Dont understand the template thing at all, total noob when it comes to this lol

Any help would be welcome, a basic template would be great nothing special just stop start.

Great program!! just wish i understood it better lol
sanderso
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In serverdoc menu - config - remote access
(yes to create the file if prompted)
now paste this:

port 2012
user myname mypassword

now file - save.

done. Now restart serverdoc or what a little for config to be loaded. Then in your browser access it by http://ipaddress:port
(replace ipaddress with the ipaddress of the machine serverdoc is running on, replace port with the port you pasted - in the above example it was 2012)

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Remo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyvm I have it running on 11 servers , all remote web works.

Keep it up!!

Just to know anyway you could add redirect functionality? What i mean is for example i have a very popular cod4 server we will be switching hosts soon, so what i would like to know is there a way serverdoc could be used to redirect players connecting to the old one to the new one?

Prob not but thought i would ask... would make a great feature though Very Happy

thanks again!!
sanderso
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That can be done with standard html in the template.html file - see http://www.instant-web-site-tools.com/html-redirect.html

Smile Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Remo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if thats what i need, i ment lets say your playing cod4 and you click on our server in the game browser, as you try connect, ServerDoc would redirect you to our other cod4 server on another box.

This could be used to transfer people from one server to an other when one server is full or as in our case when switching hosts. But being able to redirect players from a full server would be very useful.

Theres a source mod that does this called xredirect http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=29886

But its only for source based games, if server doc could do this for all games this would give it one hot feature that other cpanels dont have.

just an idea Very Happy
sanderso
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok I thought you ment if connecting to serverdoc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Serverdoc Forum Index -> Serverdoc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: